Monday, April 4, 2011
SW Asia Jazz Jam
I traveled off base the other day with the deputy director of our section and one of our translators, Sam, who has his master's degree in music at the University of Louisville and plays piano, accordion, oud, and some other instruments. Too bad we were drowned out by other music in the store; in the attached video it may be tough to hear the Oud he's playing unless you have good speakers. Regardless, it was fun to actually play with a real person, even though I'm no jazz player on the bass. I came up with a simple jazz turnaround line and Sam went with it. After that we ate at an Iranian restaurant and drank some tea at a Morrocan restaurant. Stay tuned for my blog about the camel races I went to on April 2nd!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great pics and movie.
Post a Comment