Shane is already in the Georgia Early Intervention Services, and already does Speech Therapy twice a week and Occupational Therapy once a week. The doc said it was really good that we had already started him on that early. In addition, he will be getting Sensory Integration Therapy. He is also gonna get some lab work done to test his DNA to see if it is genetic.
We are enrolling him in the military Exceptional Family Member Program, which is for dependents with Special needs and also something called ECHO, the extended health care option, which is supposed to supplement the tricare benefits. Hopefully we can get him started on ABA therapy as well, which is applied behavior analysis therapy, which is supposed to be really good for Autism. I have done a little research on it and unfortunately I can't find anywhere here in Valdosta that does it. They have a place in Tallahasse, FL or Albany GA though but they are both about an hour and a half away. I will try to find out from his current speech therapists if there is anyone available near here. There is also an Autism support group that meets once a month that we are gonna go to. I hope I am doing enough! If anyone has any advice lemme know!
2 comments:
Wow Jennah ...sounds to me like you have got a terrific start and taking this head on ! You both are doing great .. I'm sure as you get involved with all of this more and more resources etc will come flowing in. : ) Love you all !!
I think you are doing a lot of good stuff. Are you gonna do the diet?
Post a Comment