Here is what info he wrote about the race:
On 10/18/2009 I will be running in the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, California. As part of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training, I am joining hundreds of people around the country to train and run in this event. I am excited to unite my passion for running with fundraising to support a great cause.
Through the Team In Training program, I will have a coach, a training regimen, nutrition advice, a great team of athletes with a common goal, and lots of support. Beside the challenge of training for and running 26.2 miles, I am committed to raising $3600 to support the Society in its battle against blood cancers. Leukemia is the number one disease killer of children, but it strikes ten times as many adults.
I am writing to ask you to support me in my project by contributing as generously as you can to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society on my behalf. Your contribution will fund the research being done to find a cure for blood cancers. While significant progress has been made, there is more work to be done in the fight against these diseases. Increased funding is the key.
As I complete 26.2 miles, you will be with me in spirit, and your partnership will inspire me to run faster and stronger to the finish line! Please join me in this great challenge. You can contribute by mailing a check payable to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society back to me or visit my webpage at http://pages.teamintrainin
to donate easily on-line. Your contribution is 100% tax deductible and will promote continuous research, patient assistance, support systems, and ultimately help to fund a cure for these devastating diseases.
On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the lives they touch, THANK YOU!
Sincerely,
Kalani M. Ben
His webpage to track his project is here: http://pages.teamintrainin
No comments:
Post a Comment