I can't believe its already February! Hopefully I will be posting more!!! This weekend we are looking forward to the Father-Daughter dance, and I can't wait to take pictures of Makenna and Mike again! It should be a fun day. Saturday, we have a birthday party to go to, then the dance that night. We are having a girls night here at the house playing games while the daddy's and girls go out.
Well, Makenna had her 6 month speech and occupational therapy review. They said that she was a very smart girl, but were concerned about her comprehension of things. I have always worried about that too. They said they thing she is Hyperlexic, and has CAPD, (central audio processing disorder) which will have to be evaluated by an audiologist or neurologist. Basically hyperlexia is the ability to read far beyond the chronical age, which she can do really well. She has an amazing memory, and is able to read a word just by seeing it once. Here is a good site which explains what CAPD is: http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/ears/central_auditory.html
They are looking for someone to have her evaluated either in Jacksonville or Gainesville hopefully.
Yes I am very frustrated about this. I don't know what I did wrong. We try to be good parents, and don't know why both our kids have to have these problems. Its so unfair. But I guess I have to think about the positive things like they are both sweet, loving, beautiful kids, and we are extremely lucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment