Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Prep

Our friends Bridget and James and Steffen and Claudette and their kids are coming over to spend Thanksgiving with us, it should be fun. Makenna's birthday is Thanksgiving day, but I decided I am going to have a party for her, the week after. I have been having fun preparing for both Thanksgiving and her birthday party. I am making the Turkey and a few sides, and the apple pie. I hope it comes out ok! It will be the first time I will make an apple pie from scratch. Mike comes home today, he has been in Tacoma for the last couple days.

It has been soooo cold here! It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. My neighbors put up all their decorations yesterday and I am anxious to get our tree and decorations up. I love the holidays! I am heartbroken I won't be spending it at home on Kauai though. I am taking Makenna to see the Nutcracker and we plan to go to a couple Christmas festivals here, so that should be fun!

I am Thankful for all my blessings





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice thanksgiving!!! Good luck on the cooking, I'm sure it'll be perfect! I took the easy way out and made reservations, LOL.