Sunday, January 23, 2011

Boil alert!

Yesterday I was in panic mode, because in the morning, I got a phone call saying that there ws some sort of water system failure. Yesterday was also the day I was hosting a surprise baby shower for my friend Jennifer! There was no water pressure, and I was so worried we couldn't flush the toilets, wash dishes, etc. Luckily my neighbor went out and got me a couple cases of drinking water!!! I was so grateful! She went out really early in the morning and stocked up because by 10 am it was sold out everywhere! I was reminded of Hurricane Iniki times! I was upset because I had worked so hard to prepare for the party the night before, and we were going to move the party somewhere else. Thankfully the water pressure came back on, and we were able to flush toilets so I still held my party!!!! Right now we have to boil water for everything except showers, so its a major pain in the arse! I still don't feel comfortable showering and giving the kids baths in the water but I have made sure we use hand sanitizing gel for our hands and bottled water for brushing our teeth. The worst part of it all is trying to wash all my dishes but having to boil the water first.

Thankfully, my party turned out to be a success and I think everyone had a good time. I have fun entertaining and made a bunch of finger foods:
















And here is a group shot of everyone at the party:


So glad it turned out ok!

I forgot to post about this too, but last Thursday night, Girl Scouts was canceled, and I went and did something compulsive.... went to a Moody Spouses club event!! It was called Black and White bingo, and unfortunately I didn't win anything.. It was fun though, and it was fun getting dressed up in black and white (Kevin watched the kids for me).

These two girls are my two closest friends here in Valdosta:


And this is a group shot of some of the girls I go to playgroup with.


Friday night, Makenna had a birthday pool party and we also had a pool party this afternoon (Sunday) It has been a BUSY weekend!!

No comments: