Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mike in Southwest Asia


Well everyone, all settled in here at .... I've got my own room with an actual door (not a tent at a deployed location for my first time!) in a "trailer" building that has about 30 rooms. The room came with a single bed, TV (with about 24 channels), fax machine (for my job--always on call), desk, dresser, and even two small rugs. One window and a window A/C unit. It's been about 68 degrees and nice here, but the scenery is absolutely desolate. I have yet to see a bug, lizard, bird, tree or even roach. There's simply no trees or life in this area. I posted a picture of my surroundings for your enjoyment. Wireless signal is strong, and I've been chatting with Jennah and the kids daily.


Work is good. My Dip Clearance office is in the Host Nation Coordination Cell building in a part of the base that has a chow hall about 1/4 mile away and a decent gym 30 steps from my back office door. I pretty much have my own truck, a little Ford 4x4 that I've been driving all over, and gas is free. Now I just have to take an off-base driving course. The guys here get off base a lot, so I'll post again after my first excursion with them. Apparently there is some good middle-eastern style food to be had here.

2 comments:

Bob & Rita Mullins said...

Which one of the figures in the photo is you?

Janell said...

wow, sounds really interesting there. post some real pictures!