I love eating in Japan! I swear I could eat noodles and tempura everyday. I love how they give you an "oshibori" (a wet washcloth to wash your hands before you eat) and they present their food so beautifully! They really present their food as art.
Japan has a ton of vending machines all over the place. From drinks, cigarettes, ice cream, to little toys, the vending machines are everywhere! I wanted to try all the different drinks. My favorite was a yogurt type of drink called "bikkle":
The toilets in Japan are really cool. When I first got off the plane, I went to one of the squatters. I like them because they are so sanitary, not one part of your body touches anything. The other type they had was a toilet with a bidet, shower, deodorizer, seat warmer, and even music or the sound of flushing.
Unfortunately, the cherry blossoms weren't blossoming while I was there. This is a cherry blossom tunnel on base, near where Janell lived.
Riding the train was so much fun. Even though the train would get crowded, everyone was really quiet and kept to themselves. It really is different compared to the U.S. where people can be loud and obnoxious.
Japan is so kid friendly too. Every store we went, there was always something for Kainoa to do. I felt bad that Makenna and Shane weren't here. They have play areas everywhere.
I had a great time in Japan! 6 days was not long enough. I hope one day I can go back. It would be really awesome if Mike got stationed there eventually.
Me and my handsome nephew
1 comment:
Very cool!! Yah the photos are pixely, but it looks good when you click on it.
Post a Comment